It’s no secret that most of the country is experiencing a strong seller’s market. With more homebuyers than inventory, most sellers have been delighted to sell
quickly and often with multiple offers. Yet, some homes are still sitting in Knoxville's market and these sellers may be wondering why.
Here are 7 reasons why your home listing is not selling:
- Overconfidence – While many homes are being snapped up on day one, this does not mean you can avoid the basics of good marketing,
professional photos, and open houses.
- Overpriced – In a seller’s market, home prices do advance, but a dramatically overpriced home will still sit unnoticed.
- Appearance – With low inventory, homebuyers will compromise on some issues, but properties in need of major TLC or extensive deferred
maintenance will not hold mass appeal.
- Title Problems – Title issues are more common than you think. Old judgments or messy probate can take time to resolve and in a fast-paced
market, buyers will often just move on.
- Stinky – Smelly homes simply do not sell. Fortunately, there are professional options that can eliminate most odors.
A seller’s market is exciting for homeowners ready to move. If your listing is just sitting without much activity, it is time to take a hard look at what you’re doing
wrong and make changes.